Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Drinking cold water: Leades to heart attack and cancer?


I have read the content of this so called warning on drinking cold water several times on facebook. The fact that it spreads fast and a lot hit the like and share button, with comments agreeing to the content is alarming. It may not pose any danger if people follow it, but the fact that one agrees easily to posts like this have to think twice to verify the information. This is what i do:

1. Type keyword similar to the posted information. Many spread wrong information but there are a lot more who refute and gives the correct data with evidence. Google is always a friend that never fails.

2. Ask. If I am not contented, I ask a friend doctor, banker, opthalmologist, etc on topics that spread in the internet that concern them. If I do not know any, ask friends who do have friends of friends, and the like. This may sound too paranoid but getting fact straight may save lives.

3. Share what I know. If I know that the posted information is wrong, I comment and inform  people out of concern and a responsible social being.

Now back to the cold water information, it is an internet HOAX.
Read on http://www.hoax-slayer.com/cold-water-cancer.html for further explanation.
Other hoax topics may shed some light on you.




No comments:

Post a Comment